Thursday, September 15, 2011

Here I Go...

Well, it's finally here. Early tomorrow morning I will be on a plane to England. It seems like only yesterday I was just planning for my time abroad, and it's crazy to think that time has finally come. Everything I've been waiting for pretty much my whole life is finally happening! I'd say I'm pretty blessed. :) Last night my whole family was able to get together with me for a going away dinner at the country club. It was wonderful! I loved being able to spend one of my last nights at home with some of my favorite people. The cake you see above was brought out to me after dinner as a surprise. I have the best family ever! I will miss them so much, but I couldn't be more excited to head out tomorrow. As for today, I'm finishing up some last minute packing and getting all of my documents, money, etc ready to go. I'm actually most nervous about forgetting something important, so I'm double, triple, and quadruple checking to make sure I have absolutely EVERYTHING. I'm also spending a lot of time praying that everything goes smoothly with my flights, that my luggage makes it to London, and that I don't have too much trouble getting through customs and immigration. I'm very excited to say that my next blog post will be from London!! Wow. :)


2 comments: